Saturday, April 12, 2008

Whakapapa Gorge Climbing, Mt Ruapehu

I was booked in to attend a NZAC Mountain Photography workshop run by Marty Blumen, but it didn’t start till 5pm on Saturday evening. So even with a lazy start, I needed something to fill the gap during the day.

Romaric and Dion were also attending the course and planned to do a little climbing at Whakapapa before hand, so I eagerly arranged to meet up with them. Claydon, Julien Cornel and entourage were at hand too, making about 15 MUAC related peoples clambering all over the crag. Despite being generally clear, a fresh wind kept us all very cool. Infact, I was rueing all the deliciously warm clothes back in the car..

I top roped a couple of climbs with Dion, did some photography then lead ‘Serial Pillar (18)’ before retreating back to the carpark to change and ready for the course.

No comments: